Sunday, August 23, 2009

Writer's Block?

Well, I can't exactly help; different things work for different people. Some people gain inspiration from an art museum or forest, some from games, some from cartoons, some from other books, and still others randomly go back into "writing mode" from seemingly nothing.

I'm one of the last group, though I draw my inspiration from EVERYTHING. I'm easily amused and so long as I'm in a good mood, will generally always be writing something or thinking about something TO write.

But, strangely, the thing that gives me the most creativity is NEARLY unrelated: Math/Programming. With programming, you get to write and your writing creates something; what's better than that? It can be frustrating, but that comes with being a writer, as well.

Anyway, I've said my fill. Go out and try doing something, ANYTHING. You're bound to find SOMETHING that will get you writing again.

2 comments:

  1. My amusements inspire me to write. There are TONS of said amusements, if you didn't know, and I've a list of "things to try/do" whenever I am bored. This prevents from any form of "blockage" on my part, usually, be they creative or otherwise. Provided "otherwise" isn't digestive blockages... yeah.

    The brain inside my head said that was similar and thus should share the situation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's a brain inside your head, too?! Whose is it?! Mine used to belong to some random peasant in the middle ages!

    ReplyDelete