Tuesday, September 1, 2009

New Computer

So, I've decided I needed a new computer. I know, I know, I just got this one. Also, I know that this is my LITERARY blog. So why am I putting something personal? Well, that's an easy question that will be answered in a roundabout way.

The new computer will be an Acer Aspire One netbook. Why am I getting a new one? Because this one hates all forms of input (CDs, DVDs, USB, MS/Pro, SD/MMC), even though it HAS all of those drives. And why does that warrant getting a new computer? Because that means I can't use my design tablet, my fan, my flash drives, my cameras, my MP3 players, or my games. Did you catch that first one? MY DESIGN TABLET. That's why I want this new one. That's also why I'm only getting a netbook. This one is going to be for my art and writing.

Are you ready for the answer to why I'm posting this? Probably not, but here I go! All of my art, music, and writing will be transferred to that computer (also, without fear of ever losing it, as it has a solid-state drive, meaning no moving parts to break over time). Why does that concern you? Well, it doesn't, honestly. What does concern you is that means that this blog will be for ALL forms of art. This blog will have links to music IN THE PUBLIC DOMAIN (LEGAL and FREE), links to artists' websites, my art, my writing, and maybe the occasional other stuff, like links to writers' websites.

So, THAT is how it will affect you, my reader...s? I think there's more than one of you...Let's see...Dudel, possibly Imouto, I THINK Sumomo...Toshio, too?

Also, I'll PRIMARILY try to only include my own works as I can provide a true comment on them, as I am not the other writers or artists and cannot speak for them. If possible, I will also try to get interviews with other writers (as I am on Anne Rice's personal friends account's friends list (on Facebook)...as strangely worded as that was (she has one for personal friends and one for fans. I'm on the former). It's not likely, as she's busy and *gasp* responds to her fans! But I will at least attempt to try it. In other words, there's about a .001% (if that) chance you'll see an interview with Anne Rice on this site in the near future. (It will be an interview over the internet, since I'm nowhere close to Anne Rice and am homebound).

2 comments:

  1. I have no idea why I posted half of that, but now that it's posted, I might as well..erm...no idea what I might as well do. But I'm going to wait a little for that interview because I completely forgot she's only been out of the hospital for a few weeks now.

    Also, it's not going to be a long interview. At most 3 questions.

    ReplyDelete