Friday, June 19, 2009

5 Minute Stories

I suggest doing these to help kill writer's block. Pick a noun or an idea and spend 5 minutes writing a quick story about it. Make sure it has a beginning, a middle, and an end. Anyway, these are the ones I have:

Hunger

I got out of bed this morning. I was hungry, so I went to the fridge, but there was nothing in there. I looked in the pantry and found nothing again. The nearest store is almost sixty miles down the road and I will die of exhaustion if I try to do that walk now, in this heat. Oh, great, my roommate is awake. We both share the same thought, but I make it to the drawer first. I pull out the knife and run toward him. I've never had a breakfast this good before.


Hole

"That's the third time today I've a;most fallen into this hole! Do you think you could fill it in for me?"
"What if it's important?"
"It's not."
"Then what is it?"
"It's where I keep my enemies."
"But it's empt-----------------"

No comments:

Post a Comment